- Dampier Terrace traders open until 7pm on Friday 3 August for Ladies Night
- Fashions, makeup and hair styling tips, special offers, gourmet canapes and entertainment
- Tales of the Terrace with Wil Thomas
Dampier Terrace will light up on Friday 3 August from 4.30pm until 7pm for a special Ladies’ Night shopping event in preparation for the Kimberley Cup race round.
The Dampier Terrace traders, with support from the Chinatown Revitalisation Project, are creating a sundowner shopping trail through Chinatown with live music, fashions, makeup and hair styling tips, pamper sessions and refreshments, plus special offers on the night at participating stores.
Wil Thomas will also be hosting a ‘Tales of the Terrace’ historical walking tour, telling stories of the old pearling days when the terrace hummed to the tune of the tides. All are welcome, not just the ladies!
Broome Shire President Harold Tracey said it was great to see the traders coming together to help coordinate and host special events like Ladies’ Night.
“Events like these encourage people to come into Chinatown for a unique evening to enjoy fantastic offers from retailers and stay for some food and entertainment” Cr Tracey said.
“Activation initiatives form an important part of Chinatown’s revitalisation, and it’s great to see the traders taking advantage of the support on offer from the project but also playing a leading role in the events.”
Participating retailers include:
- Allure South Sea Pearls: Sweet treats, makeup and hair styling demonstrations.
- Camdons Fine Jewellery: Canapes and live music.
- Cygnet Bay Pearls: Hats by Felicity collection and canapes by Mr Saigon.
- Galwey Pearls: Canapes, exclusive pink diamond display featuring a limited edition Argyle Pink Diamond plume pendant.
- Jewels of the Kimberley: Jewellery Spa – complimentary jewellery clean.
- Nowhere Else But Here: Five minute shoulder massages.
- Pearls and Boheme: Canapes, and a live painting exhibition by artist Herbie Marshall.
- Pearls of the World: CoCo Beauty five minute hand rejuvenation therapy.
- Roebuck Bay Hotel: Palatable Pairings - six wines with six dishes. $40 per head. Seats are limited, bookings essential on 9192 1221.
- Streeter's Jetty: Tales on the Terrace, leaves from outside Allure Pearls and ends at Streeter's Jetty. Bookings essential via Eventbrite.
- Willie Creek Pearls: Canapes, Care of Pearls tours every half an hour.
- Pearl Luggers: Live performers and acoustic music, cash bar open.
- Yane Gallery: Grazing table, ladies' night specials and a stunning door prize.
facebook.com.au/ChinatownBroome | Instagram @ChintownBroome
About the Chinatown Revitalisation Project
The $12.7 million Chinatown Revitalisation project is being delivered in partnership by the State Government and the Shire of Broome, with $10 million funding from Royalties for Regions, $2 million from the Shire, and $700,000 from Tourism WA.
The project includes 10 sub projects all designed to reinforce Chinatown’s position as the ‘Heart and Soul’ of Broome – the historic, cultural and hospitality centre of our town.
These sub-projects include feasibility studies for larger, potentially transformational projects, as well as design and construction of significant street and landscape upgrades to Carnarvon Street and Dampier Terrace to make the precinct more attractive and encourage activity.